Free Lead Poisoning Hazard Information
Do you want some helpful government literature? If so, there is a ton of it available for free. The following list is just a partial listing of some stuff you can get. I built this list from a helpful opens in a new windowEPA web page . You can order 15 of the documents online right from there. If you don't have Web access, then order by mail. Call 800-424-LEAD for complete mailing instructions. Here is what they will tell you to do:
- If you would like documents sent to you via U.S. Mail, please provide your name, address, and daytime phone number.
- Make a list of what publications you want.
- Please limit your document request to 15 individual documents.
- Some NLIC documents may be available from the EPA Fax-on-Demand system. Call 1-800-424-LEAD for more information.
Partial Lead Hazard Document Listing:
- 003 EPA Fact Sheet: Learn About Lead
- 400 EPA Reducing Lead Hazard When Remodeling Your Home
- 402 EPA Lead Exposure Associated With Renovation and Remodeling Activities
- 418 EPA Testing Your Home for Lead in Paint, Dust, and Soil
- 011 CDC/ATSDR Lead in Your Drinking Water
- 017 EPA Lead in Your Home: A Parent's Reference Guide
- 019 EPA Lead Poisoning and Your Children
- 021 EPA Identifying Lead Hazards in Your Home
- 024 EPA Report on the National Survey of Lead-Based Paint in Housing
- 029 NLIC National Lead Information Center List of Documents available by FAX on Demand
- 319 EPA Fact Sheet: Disclosure of Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Homes
- 322 EPA EPA and HUD Notification and Disclosure Rule
- 323 EPA/HUD Lead; Requirements for Disclosure of Known Lead-Based Paint
- 325 EPA/HUD Real Estate Disclosure Forms (Sale / Lease)
- 420 EPA A Field Test of Lead-Based Paint Testing Technologies: Summary
- 426 AECLP EPA's National Guidelines for Lead Hazards in Dust and Soil
- 440 EPA Residential Sampling for Lead; Protocols for Dust and Soil
- 443 EPA Sampling House Dust for Lead; Basic Concepts and Literature Review
- 471 EPA Summary and Assessment of Published Information on Determining Lead Exposures and Mitigating Lead Hazards Associated with Dust and Soil in Residential Carpets, Furniture, and Forced Air Ducts
- 500 OSHA Lead Exposure in Construction - Interim Ruling
- 601 HUD Guidelines for the Evaluation and Control of Lead Based Paint Hazards in Housing; Chapter 7 - Inspection
Companion Articles: Lead Paint Problems, Beware of Lead Paint, Lead Poisoning Danger - Lead Paint, Hepa Filter & Hepa Vacuum Manufacturers